I’ve shared with you common reasons women don’t put themselves first and my responses to those reasons. Now I want to share with you some specific strategies to accomplish quality ‘me time’.
- Make a list of all the ways not having quality ‘me time’ is adversely affecting you. Is it affecting your physical health, relationships, work, emotional health, or spiritual health?
- What can you gain from quality ‘me time’? How can it benefit you?
- Think about all the things you love to do or the things you used to love to do. Gardening, taking classes, drawing, singing, dancing, nature walks, sports, watching movies, reading, etc. Identify three things that you will do during your date with yourself. Still not certain of what you would do on your personal holidays? Make a list of all the things you think you might ever want to do. Think back to the times that you have said, “One day…..”. What did you fill in the blank with?
- I know you’re busy, but you make time for what you want to make time for. Where can you squeeze in quality time? Do you have to get up early in the morning? Do you need to have someone help with your elderly relative or babysit your children? Can you take time off work? You are special and amazing, but you are not the only person who can do your job. Think about it, who will do the job if you suddenly become ill? So again, look at your schedule; where can you squeeze in some quality time with yourself?
- What excuses are you coming up with to talk yourself out of ‘me time’? Why are you resisting crucial self-care? What are you afraid of? Why don’t you think you deserve this?
Are you ready to commit to ‘Me-Time’? You’re not alone. Join me for my FREE Guilt Free ‘Me-Time’Master class February 17 or February 18. Register HERE: https://dr-rae.leadpages.co/me-time/